Informacje o zabiegu
Platelet-rich plasma is a concentrated amount of platelets dispersed in a small volume of plasma. The platelet extract formed as a result of double centrifugation releases the basic growth factors supporting tissue healing and regeneration processes (e.g. PDGF, VEGF, TGF, EGF, FGF 2, IGF), as well as it contains proteins responsible for adhesion of cells to each other (fibrin, fibronectin, vitronectin). Prepared platelet-rich plasma enables to treat a wide range of ailments safely, quickly, minimally invasive and effective. The growth factors have properties stimulating the regeneration of damaged cartilage, tendons or muscles, as well as stimulating healing and tissue repair processes. An important advantage of this type of treatment is the fact that it is based on the use of natural tissue reconstruction mechanisms, stimulating them without interfering with artificial substances.
- Achilles tendonitis and tendon damage
- plantar fascia inflammation
- supports the therapy of typical sports ailments (e.g. jumper’s knee, tennis player’s elbow)
Przeciwwskazania do zabiegu
- lack of contraindications
Platelet-rich plasma is obtained in the process of blood centrifugation and special preparation (activation), which is taken from the patient by a doctor immediately before the procedure. The blood is taken from the peripheral vein (usually from the upper limb) using a special kit and then placed in a centrifuge which separates the platelet concentrate. The centrifuging process takes up to several minutes. Concentrated PRP the doctor injects into affected pathologically soft tissues and joints (e.g. ligament, muscles or tendons).
Korzyści z zabiegu
- stimulates the recovery of tendons and cartilage tissues
- accelerates tissue regeneration in arthritis
- improves functionality of affected joints
- accelerates wound healing
- reduces painfulness
- greatly improves patient comfort