Informacje o zabiegu
Laser iridoplasty is applied to treat certain types of angle-closure glaucoma. The treatment consists in flattening of steep or excessively thick iris root (coagulation of iris circumference). This leads to change in the iris configuration, which affects movement of watery liquid in the eye. Laser iridoplasty treatment usually takes about 10 minutes.
The procedure can be performed also in the outpatient centers of ETER-MED Health Centre in Gdańsk, after obtaining a positive medical classification even on the day of visit and for patients above 14 years of age.
- closed-angle glaucoma
- narrow angle crack
Przeciwwskazania do zabiegu
- lack of cooperation with the doctor
- unable to maintain seated position
After anaesthetizing the eye with drop, a lens containing gel is placed on the eyeball. The aim of lens is to precisely point the laser beam through the microscope towards the iris. Iridoplasty is rarely painful due to droplet anaesthesia. After surgery, the pupil is constricted for several hours (may cause a feeling of darker vision).
Korzyści z zabiegu
- significant expansion of trabecular meshwork
- facilitated outflow of watery fluids in the eye with glaucoma
Zalecenia po zabiegu
- complying with medical recommendations
- regular taking prescribed medicines
- wear of subocular lens (according to physician’s recommendations)
- eye healing control during visits (according to physician’s recommendations)