Informacje o zabiegu
Laser anti-glaucoma surgery on both eyes (ALT or laser trabeculoplasty) is a procedure which involves performing several scorches with argon or diode laser in the trabecular meshwork. This procedure facilitates outflow of watery fluids from the eyeball and consequently reduces intraocular pressure. ALT is used in opened-angle glaucoma, patients who react poorly to medication or badly tolerate anti-glaucoma drops. Anti-glaucoma laser treatment is safe for the patient. It can only cause temporary discomfort in vision. The procedure is usually repeated up to 2 times in one eye of the Patient.
The procedure can be performed also in the outpatient centers of ETER-MED Health Centre, after obtaining a positive medical classification even on the day of visit and for patients above 14 years of age.
- opened-angle glaucoma
- poor tolerance of anti-glaucoma drops
- poor response to pharmacological treatment
- further progression of disease, in spite of systematic treatment
- impossibility of systematical applying drops
Przeciwwskazania do zabiegu
- lack of the insight into fundus
- lack of cooperation with the doctor
- unable to maintain seated position
After the anaesthetic drops are administered to both eyes, a tissue is irradiated with light of the laser.
During procedure the patient, must sit still, any movement of head or eye can cause irreversible damage to the tissues in eye.
Service temporary unavailable.
Korzyści z zabiegu
- improving vision
- improvement of daily life
- eliminating the need to remember about applying the drop
- rare ophthalmological control
Zalecenia po zabiegu
- complying with medical recommendations
- regular taking prescribed medicines
- eye healing control during visits (according to physician’s recommendations)