Informacje o zabiegu
Irydotomy (so-called IRT) is a procedure in glaucoma with a narrow, clos trabecular meshwork. Performing the treatment allows to obtain an alternative route of the watery liquid flow from the posterior chamber to anterior chamber, as well as to change the configuration of iris and ancestral angle. Change of the anatomical system within trabecular meshwork allows for treatment and prophylaxis of primary and secondary forms of closed-angle glaucoma.
The procedure can be performed also in the outpatient centers of ETER-MED Health Centre, after obtaining a positive medical classification even on the day of visit and for patients above 14 years of age.
- closed-angle glaucoma – severe, subacute and chronic
- risk of narrow closed-angle
- secondary closed-angle with pupil block
- primary narrow opened-angle glaucoma
- severe attack of closed-angle glaucoma
- in case of the risk of pupil block
- cysts of the iris
Przeciwwskazania do zabiegu
- corneal translucency disability
- second type II of PZK caused by configuration of the flat iris
- corneal alignment
- lack of cooperation with the doctor
After anaesthetizing with drops, a subocular lens is applied magnifying the trabecular meshwork, and then the laser is cut at a suitable point through the iris, creating free space for the passage of watery liquid from the posterior to anterior eye chamber. The duration of procedure is about 5-10 minutes. After the treatment, it is recommended to apply anti-inflammatory drops.
Zalecenia po zabiegu
- complying with medical recommendations
- regular taking prescribed medicines
- eye healing control during visits (according to physician’s recommendations)