Information on the treatment
Xanthomas are yellow skin lesions, which are most commonly found on eyelids near the inner eye angle, and more common in upper eyelids than lower eyelids. The shape may be flat or slightly convex, they are of various sizes, may be soft or semi-hard. Xanthomas most often occur in the course of hyperlipoproteinemia, accompany atherosclerosis, diabetes, kidney diseases, gastrointestinal obstruction or liver diseases.
The procedure can be performed in the outpatient centers of ETER-MED Health Centre, after obtaining a positive medical classification even on the day of visit.
Indications to the treatment
- chloridal lesions
Contraindications to the treatment
- lack of cooperation with the doctor
Course of the treatment
Xanthomas are completely with the epidermis covering them after the local anaesthesia is administered. The incisions are usually small and scars created by incisions become almost invisible over time. Very thin sutures are applied after the skin lesions have been cut.
Benefits of the treatment
- improving aesthetics of the patient’s appearance
- sense of well-being
- lack of yellow, chloridal lesions
- complying with medical recommendations
- regular taking prescribed medicines
- eye healing control during visits (according to physician’s recommendations)