Information on the treatment
Cataract surgery Gdańsk
A cataract is an eye disease, consisting in the opacity of lens. The only way to treat cataracts is to remove the opacity of lens (natural) /cataract surgery/ and to place an artificial lens in its place.
By removing cataracts, we implant modern premium Micropure123 mono-focal lenses – it is an aspherical hydrophobic lens with UV filter and blue light (yellow coloring lens), 4-haptenic lens. The lenses factory-made are packaged into cardigans. Differences from 10D to 30D every 0.5D.
Unique features of lens:
- lack of reflected light
- UV filter and blue light
Asphericality lenses and lack of reflected light provide extremely clear vision without distortion. Hydrophobicity and unique lens structure reduce the incidence of posterior sac opacity. The UV filters and blue light protect the retina from negative effects of light.
Indications to the treatment
- opacification of the lens
Contraindications to the treatment
- significant subluxation of the lens
- very hard cataract (dark brown)
- eye injuries
- opaque cornea (keratopathy)
- very narrow pupil (weak response to mydriasis)
- intensified corneal endothelial dystrophy
- Non-cooperating patient
- Deafness or significant hearing loss
- glaucoma with narrow, closing angle
Course of the treatment
Usually the cataract operation takes about 20 minutes. During the procedure, the patient is aware, in contact with a surgeon. The cataract operation is performed with phacoemulsification method. Through a small cut in the cornea (2.2 mm) a probe is inserted and opaque lens is removed by ultrasound. At a later stage, an artificial curl lens is implanted into the eye.
Benefits of the treatment
- recovery of correct visual acuity
- seeing pure and saturated colors
- recovery of normal vision
- avoiding physical effort
- applying drops according to medical recommendations
- control visit after about 2 weeks