Informacje o zabiegu
Arthroscopy of joints – is an operating technique characterized by a slight invasiveness. Thanks to arthroscopy it is possible to see the joints. Making small holes and inserting the camera and surgical instruments into the joint prevents extensive surgical wounds. The surgeon on the monitor in zoom can see all the elements of arthroscopy in the joint. Additional precision arthroscopic tools allow surgical procedures to be performed. Arthroscopy is possible in case of different joints: knee, shoulder, ankle, elbow and hip joints. Thanks to arthroscopy it is possible to repair damaged joint structures.
In case of knee joint: repair or removal of meniscus part, provision of surface of damaged articular cartilage, reconstruction of ligaments and cartilage transplants. In the shoulder joint: repair of damaged tendons and joints. Modern arthroscopic methods use various types of fastening implants, which allow to repair a particular structure, not to remove it, most of them are absorbed after some time and do not need to be removed.
Treatment with arthroscopy is used in post-traumatic conditions connected with sports and in case of degenerative disease – ligaments damage, meniscus damage, joint cartilage damage. This minimally invasive surgical technique, applied at an early stage, allows for a quick recovery and maximally shortens the convalescence time.
- diagnostic arthroscopy, in order to make an appropriate diagnosis
- rupture of rotator cuff tendon
- glenoid labrum removal or reconstruction
- intra-articular fractures
- instability of shoulder joint
- removal of inflammatory tissue
- joint damage in the course of various diseases, i.e. rheumatoid arthritis, gout, etc.
- infections within the articular cavity
- removal of foreign or free matter from the articular cavity
- anatomical changes in the structure of shoulder joint
Przeciwwskazania do zabiegu
- diseases related to coagulation disorders causing excessive bleeding, e.g. haemophilia
- immunosuppression through immunosuppressive drugs or HIV infection
- taking blood thinners
- advanced diabetes
- increased body temperature
Making small holes and inserting the camera and surgical instruments into the joint prevents extensive surgical wounds. The surgeon on the monitor in zoom can see all the elements of arthroscopy in the joint. Additional precision arthroscopic tools allow surgical procedures to be performed.
Korzyści z zabiegu
- very good cosmetic effect (little scars)
- rapid recovery
- restoring shoulder efficiency
- resolution of painful conditions
- restoring full range of motion
- return to work, sport, hobby
Zalecenia po zabiegu
- stiffening hand for about 1-2 weeks
- sometimes taking painkillers is necessary
- rehabilitation is necessary for a quicker recovery, the first exercise can begin after the first week of treatment